Unity <> ICON SDK (light client)

With the growing number of NFT projects launching on ICON and the growth of blockchain gaming, it is only reasonable for ICON to have the required tooling to integrate the Unity game engine, to make gaming development and onboarding on to the ICON blockchain much more easier.

The Unity game engine can be used to create 2D and 3D games, as well as interactive simulations and other experiences. As well as supporting web/desktop games, Unity supports mobile, console, virtual reality platforms. It is particularly popular for iOS and Android mobile game development and used for games such as Pokémon Go, Monument Valley, Call of Duty: Mobile, Beat Saber and Cuphead. It is considered easy to use for beginner developers and is popular for indie game development. Unity technology is the basis for most virtual reality and augmented reality experiences, and “dominates the virtual reality business”.

EVM chains currently have a Unity <> EVM sdk, supported by chainsafe, Which is why gaming on EVM chains is much more accessible.
:

I have lialised with a blockchain dev team with Unity experties, who has worked on a Unity<>blockchain sdk. The cost price for this is $23,000 and will take just under 1 month to deliver.
Full payment will only be released upon completion.

Milestones

1-month:
ICON <> Unity SDK completion

Price: $23,000

Hey ,

As we ourselves have experienced building on unity and trying to manage callbacks it’s a time consuming process. We would appreciate more details.
Here are our concerns :

1. The SDK you mentioned has two parts one to send the transaction through the unity by using the private key as light wallet and another is to send the transaction through metamask using (web3gl). Does the proposed SDK will also have both.

2. ICON’s chrome extension is event driven and work on event and inherently different from Metamask as they already have web3 for easy callbacks.

Other than this we see the need for the SDK.

2 Likes

Hi @Eclectica,

Yes, building a blockchain based game for unity is very time costly process without an appropiate SDK.
I have long sought out a dev team to build a Unity SDK for ICON, but it never materialised due to the cost or the team was just too busy. I even became good friends with Leon Do - who managed the Chainsafe SDK -, after seeking advice from him.
As you can see, the chainsafe SDK is updated and managed frequently, by a dedicated team of employed devs to update the SDK.

To answer your question, 1) the SDK will initially cover all functionality that existing C# sdk has plus examples, test scene with simple wallet UI and getting started documentation.
The sdk will not include sending transactions through metamask (that doesn’t even work on ICON?).

1. The C# SDK should support building partial transaction (or at least encoding call data), then it should be sent via api to ICON wallet.
    Looks like chrome extension ICON wallet has all the required methods to make it possible
    Chrome Extension - ICON DevPortal

Regarding Part two: I have spoken to icon SCORE devs with C#, all of whom were too busy to do this task. The team thats proposing to build the first part is not experienced in SCORE

If you are happy to cooperate on the second part please let me know and I can include it in the budget.

3 Likes

Hey Ali ,

Sorry for the typo we meant “Metamask Like (Hana or Iconex)”. Our team is currently occupied but we would be more than happy to voluntarily push some pull request from Eclectica’s code base.

As unity is the most common game development engine we see a lot of value in this proposal.

*Best of Luck

2 Likes