Proposal for "Icon Hackathon Japan

Hi,Icon communityđź‘‹
I have a suggestion as I will take the initiative.

I am fascinated by Icon.

In order to expand the Icon ecosystem and further strengthen Icon’s position in blockchain, I propose to hold an “Icon Hackathon Japan”.

*Tentative image
Icon Hackathon Japan|200x200

As a premise, we believe that Icon will benefit from a hackathon in the following ways

1. Development of the Icon ecosystem through the development of related applications
  2. Promotional effect by sharing Icon’s technology and knowledge to users and builders.

There are three reasons why Icon needs to be held in Tokyo.

1.The word “Web3” has become a national buzzword in Japan due to the comments of top entrepreneurs and celebrities.
2.It is the perfect time to involve Japanese engineers, the fourth largest group of engineers in the world, in your project.
3.Tokyo has world-class IP content such as manga and characters, as well as world-class game development capabilities, and there is potential for strong game content on the Icon chain.

As one of the world’s hottest cities, Tokyo has already hosted two blockchain hackathons in the span of a month.

• Tokyo Hacker House | Solana
  • PolygonTokyoHack2022

I think that knowledge of javascript is compatible with the development of Icon, and there are many engineers in Japan who are knowledgeable about javascript.

This is also an opportunity to create the first application in Japan that will represent Icon.

By the way, I have connections with Japanese web3 entrepreneurs and influencers and can appeal to over 1000 Japanese web3 developers.

I would appreciate any input, feedback, discussion, on this proposal!

If you know a blockchain labs or a general CS lab that has experience holding hackathons and a good outreach, we could do a collab hackathon with them. fyi ICON is JAVA not javascript.