Promote ICON via digital brand partnerships and social media marketing in North America, Europe and South Korea. Create targeted marketing campaigns to raise brand recognition and recruit new participants to the ICON ecosystem. Link to Notion Proposal.
TL;DR: We are working with one of the biggest eSports leagues in the world Gen.G to make a March Madness style college eSports tournament week “brought to you by ICON Blockchain” + development recruitment workshops. We need your votes to make it happen!
If you haven’t heard of us, we are ICXPromotions, a P-Rep focused on sponsorship, data-driven marketing. Our initial hypothesis was that eSports would be a perfect sector to market in. We polled the community and you guys agreed. After many meetings, possible sponsorships and critique from the community I think we have identified our perfect initial sponsorship.
Gen.G is a professional esports organization with headquarters in Santa Monica, Seoul, and Shanghai. Their team has been awesome working to understand our initiative and come up with an opportunity that makes sense for both of us.
To give you an idea of the process. We went to the project with several requirements:
- eSports based event sponsorship
- Provable metrics that target demographic would be reached
- Constant brand association (ICON would be continually mentioned or present throughout the sponsorship)
- Quality over quantity: our goal is to reach “tastemakers”, positively influence and have them spread positive sentiment about ICON through their network
- Dev pool: if possible we wanted to reach people that were savvy about blockchain and could possibly develop projects and DApps on the ICON ecosystem
- Promotion of technology/benefits not shilling the coin. Including the use of NFTs.
Here’s what we’ve come up with so far:
- A college eSports tournament between the Gen.G teams in a game TBD: Valorant, Overwatch, Dota2, LOL, etc.
- An ICX based prize bool, similar to the Bitcoin prize Starcraft tournaments back in the day.
- Event will be live-streamed on Twitch and YouTube. This link shows a previous event for Rocket League sponsored by Conoco ( removed due to confidentiality agreements ).
- Potential NFT giveaway or auction of highlights from tournament, sponsored by ICON blockchain.
- On campus activations at every college participating throughout the week of the tournament with ICON branding.
- Workshops about ICON blockchain to Computer Science / Video Game / Blockchain Clubs for all participating colleges.
I am really excited about this one because it is a perfect blend of digital and physical brand marketing PERFECTLY in our demographic market and has the dual benefit of involving students who study computer science and video games. This means it could serve not only as promotion to gamers but also to developers who could build things on the ICON blockchain.
E-Sports: E-Sports is a rapidly growing market where 77% of fans are male and 61% are millennials (Nielsen). 64% of followers on Twitch purchase products recommended to them by streamers (Twitch). There is significant crossover between the cryptocurrency and E-Sports communities, with many of the major movers and shakers being involved with both. For example, Chamath Palihapitiya is part owner of the League of Legends team the Golden Guardians and a major crypto/financial bull. By associating with the Guardians, we create a positive feedback loop of interest and brand identity.
- Complete transparency to community in regards to sponsorship deals and results.
- Budget: $25K USD
- Administrative Fee: $2000.
- Community based input for to determine campaign targets and effectiveness.
Who We Are
Without doxing myself, I am an entrepreneur and scientist with degrees from NYU and Columbia. My partner is a fellow NYU alumn and an engineer at Fortune 500 software/design company. I have 5+ years experience in business, emerging technologies and branding/marketing.
We look forward to your feedback and input!