0. Added Part:
-As soon as the COVID-19 situation is over, I will have a light small meetup in Korea.
-I am looking forward to meeting ICONists and talking about ICON project.
-It is expected to start through a meet-up hosted with the Chainlink x ICON, and is expected to be about once a month. (After July)
-I want an additional $100 per month.
-This additional $100 will be used once a week for ICONists through chicken or pizza events.
-This will be recorded in the transaction record and reported.
-It is expected that the community will be more active through this event.
1. Web Site:
-Collect all icon related information in one website.
-All information about the icon can be searched on this one website.
-Use Private server & website to make it.
-Daily Visitor: approximately 200
-Translate information related to overseas icons into Korean and share in Korean community
-Translate Korean icon news via language translator and share with overseas users.
-94% of Koreans use KakaoTalk SNS.
-Manage Official Korean KakaoTalk Group Talk Room.
(The most active social media and icon community in Korea)
-Start upon opening on July 16, 2018
-Even the cryptocurrency boom is out, approximately 890 passionate icon supporters still remain.
-Educate detailed concept and contents of the icon project, how the icon has advantages, and the better understanding of icon.
4. Korean Telegram official room management
-Manage to prevent abusive behavior and spreading rumors, sharing news shared in KakaoTalk via telegram as well.
- approximately 1250
(One of the most popular cryptocurrency communities in Korea) News is shared through icon bulletin board
6. Sharing icon information through NAVER blog (scheduled)
-Naver obtains more than 60% search share in Korea, and Naver’s own blog is easier to be searched
*The main communication contents are,
-Deliver new official information
-Simplify difficult contents for easier understanding.
-Blocking misleading information or rumors.
-Training of icon governance and overall system
-Help communication with the icon side
PS. In contrary to the expectations that come from the nick, Ethereum of Korea, Icon was not famous in Korea in the past.
The information was hard to get, and even communication was not active.
Icon Presale (ICO) began selling on September 10, 2017, and sold all ICX coins within six hours.
The pre-sale, which was prepared in 3stages, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, owed to the interest of some, the target was achieved in the 1st stage due to few people’s enthusiastic interest.
During this ICO period, the ‘Icon Official KakaoTalk’ chat room was created in Korea for pre-sales (ICO). To activate communication with official staffs. (More than 94% of Koreans use KakaoTalk SNS)
However, as the Korean worried about the social problems caused by the cryptocurrency boom that started in late 2017, government restricted to give pressure on the cryptocurrency…
January 2018, The official icon community in Korea was closed and integrated with the official English-language telegram icon.
(In the following six months, information and communication about icons in Korea was severed.)
After the official community was disappeared, people had no complaints even though communication was difficult.
-The price of ICX that conducted the ICO with $ 0.11 rose up to $17 due to Kimchi Premium (+ 40%).
-When you wake up, the price was already up, and you only had to think about what you’re going to do with the money. People were not curious what type of coins were the icons are and didn’t care about how it was used.
-At this time, there are ‘some’ users who have made a lot of money, and the profited users had already left the crypto market.
Reason for small number of users of icon is maybe because only few users were able to earned large amount in short period of time.)
-Six months after the official community in Korea disappeared, the overall price of cryptocurrency fell, and doubts and anxiety about icons were growing, wanting to obtain more information for value investing.
At that time, I was one of those who managed the unofficial icon community (KakaoTalk Group Talk Room), I shared information about icons withing my knowledge, and ICON x AD4th’s ‘ICON De: Nexo’(doesn’t exist now) noticed me and scouted me.
I accepted the position of 'ICON Official Supporter,’ promising ’ reliable communication to the icon side ’ with small amount of salary,
-In July 2018, the official KakaoTalk room was opened, and started to deliver ‘official’ information in Korean community.
-I had to work against many rumors related to icons in Korea, and wrote corrections, and taught users about the icon system.
: Every day / 24 hours a day to manage the community, search for icon related information / share / explain / consult
Funding Amount Requested
Estimated Monthly $2100 / $6300 in 3 months
- Korea market is one of major market that support the ICON Project. Based on Febauary 4th 2020 data, Upbit has 23.3% and Bithumb has 7.68% of total trading volume of ICX.
- Eventhough Korea Market is huge all the materials of ICON project is limited to English, and there are not many materials for Korean people. In general, most people trade crypto currency with speculations. There are not many people to understands true value of ICON project, this includes decentralization and on-chain governance system.
- For last 2 years, I have been studying ICON project and Korean community acknowledged me as a great community manager.
- I am certain that what I have been doing is worth more than $3000 per month, and the knowledge that I am passing thought the community will create more passionate ICON holders in Korea community and will add value to Korean community.
- In my personal opinion, It would be very difficult to find someone to train to do my job, and it will cost a lot more money. I think I am best fit for this job and willing to create ICON network together by contribute in Korean community.
Official Team Name