Interest payment time is delaying

I’m staking at iconex, but the interest payment keeps getting late. Was it originally?

1 Like

I’m not sure you’re referring to I-Score, basically all activities on the blockchain are based on block heights, not time, and ICON Network calculates I-Score every 43,120 blocks. This is approximately a day if a block is always generated every 2 seconds, but since blocks can’t always be generated every 2 seconds, sometimes there is a delay depending on the network conditions.

So, it may take a day or more for 43,120 blocks to be generated depending on the network conditions.

3 Likes

I always let new token holders know that the time will slowly “shift” forward by 10-20 minutes each day because blocks sometimes take longer then exactly 2 seconds to generate or whatever.

This is normal and you will see rewards being generated slightly later each day.

1 Like

Thank you for shedding light on the mechanics of I-Score and the blockchain activities on the ICON Network. It’s helpful to understand that block heights, rather than time intervals, dictate the process. Given the fluctuation in block generation due to network conditions, it’s reasonable to expect delays in I-Score calculation. This insight provides clarity on the time frame needed for the generation of 43,120 blocks and subsequent I-Score calculation, which is essential for understanding the payment process and associated timelines.

1 Like