ICON Pinas Community Building and Social Media Growth Accelerator
2. Project Category
- Marketing, educational content and activities, and web community development and management
3. Project Description
Over the past year, ICON Pinas has worked hard in building up our ICON sub-community, particularly on Telegram, where our group chat has averaged ~5,600 messages/day (as tracked by combot data, since the bot was installed on May 25, 2020).
Through the liberal use of tipping bots, hosting events, giveaways, AMAs, quiz time for ICX News Ngayon episodes, being consistently active, etc. ICON Pinas has created one of the most active and engaged crypto communities in all of the Philippines.
The ICON Pinas Telegram chat has consistently ranked in the top 5 (as tracked by combot data) of all Telegram group chats based in the Philippines:
With that being said, it should be noted that competition is fierce in the blockchain space, and therefore our team would like the opportunity to seek help via the CPS as this time so that we can continue expanding our reach and aggressively promoting ICON.
We believe in money (ICX) velocity, and have learned over the past year that the best way to get someone to care about ICON is to put ICX directly into their hands. We want to recruit as many people as possible to become ICONists.
The following are core components of what we had in mind, that the CPS would help us fund:
- ICON Merch - Getting ICON merch into the hands of more and more ICONists will not only boost engagement but also help market and advertise ICON in the real physical world. To date, our team has purchased/printed/shipped 120+ ICON-related t-shirts.
Both locally and internationally…
We would like to ship out a lot more ICON merch to ICONists…
- ICON DApps Promotion - In the past, we’ve been fortunate to have been able to work with high quality P-Reps such as ICONbet and Midos, who have greatly helped us fund the prize pool of certain DApp-related events.
As more and more ICON DApps get released this year, our team would like to be able to consistently offer fun events for community members, to coincide with product launches… That, and also making sure to keep supporting existing ICON DApps, so they remain fresh in the mind of ICONists…
All while at the same time also being able to incentivize people to participate in each event by being able to entice them with a lucrative prize pool…
- Community Events - Ideally, our team would like to be able to put together 2 noteworthy events/month, for our community members to enjoy.
The following are examples of some events ICON Pinas has run since the start of this year:
And another event we ran to close out 2020, which we are most proud of:
- Community content - In addition to hosting fun events each month, ICON Pinas would also like to encourage community members to produce original content, to be shared on all our social media accounts.
In recent months, ICON Pinas has become much more active on Instagram, where we are working hard to build up our presence on this particular social media platform.
Giving our community members a chance (and platform) to contribute, and see themselves, friends, family, etc. featured online is something we think will do a lot for building camaraderie and also a sense of pride for being an ICONist.
Similar to Instagram, the ICON Pinas TikTok account is still in its early stages of growth, and over time, we would like to upload a lot more content from community members to help promote ICON on this fast-growing social media platform.
- Celebrity Influencers - While sourcing content from community members is a primary objective, our team is also cognizant to the fact that if we want to recruit as many new ICONists as possible, we’ll also have to expand our reach, which means collaborating with social media influencers.
With help from the CPS, ICON Pinas will be better able to make continual efforts to connect with more and more prominent people, letting them know what ICON is all about…
With the right help, we’re hopeful that in time, the ICON Pinas community will be able to reach wider mainstream adoption. Longer-term, of course we want to do everything we can to make ICON a household name…
- AMAs, Interviews, and Other Events - To date, ICON Pinas has participated in 19 different AMA/interview events, playing both the role of guest and host.
Particularly on Telegram, our team is regularly being contacted by different communities for ICON AMA opportunities. From time-to-time, we think it would still make sense for us to continue taking part in these external AMA events on Telegram, in order to recruit new ICONists.
In addition to AMAs, we would also be keen on looking for “other events” (e.g., conferences, featured cover stories, etc.) to help us further promote ICON, if/when they become available to us.
- Quiz Time - The Quiz Time “mini” event, hosted on our Facebook page, helps complement each video release of ICX News Ngayon (31 episodes have been published at this time of writing), giving participants a chance to win ICX/PHP, upon being able to successfully answer all multiple choice/fill-in-the-blank questions pertaining to the most recent episode.
In the past, we’ve allocated for 10 winners each week, however, moving forward, we would like to bump this number up to 20 winners, in order to encourage more people to not only watch, but pay close attention to each episode of ICX News Ngayon (i.e., learn more + retain information about events occurring in the ICON ecosystem).
We are most proud of the grassroots ICON community we’ve built and feel confident that the best days lie ahead!
4. Project duration
5. Project Milestones
Key project milestones would be primarily (but not limited to):
- Hosting regular events (~2x/month) for the ICON Pinas community, while at the same time strategically promoting select ICON DApps (P-Rep collaboration is key and something we’re always happy to engage in).
- Growing the number of followers and regularly posting new ICON-related content on Instagram.
- Growing the number of followers and regularly posting new ICON-related content on TikTok.
- Recruiting celebrities/social media influencers to help promote ICON on their dominant platforms.
- Printing and distributing more ICON merch to ICONists.
The primary objective will always be to recruit new ICONists and get ICX into the hands of more and more people.
6. Funding Amount Requested and Payment Milestones
Total Funding Amount Requested: $4,000/month ($24,000 for total 6 month duration of grant)
- Staff (Event hosting, games, video editing, content posting, curating, etc.): $1,500
- Events (prizes, giveaways, raffles, airdrops, daily “para” tipping, etc.): $1,000
- Marketing (content creation, outreach, collaborations, etc.): $1,000
- Merchandise (items, printing, shipping): $500
7. Official Team Name
8. Team Contact Information
ICON Pinas Social Media Accounts:
Telegram : https://t.me/icon_pinas
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/iconpinas
TikTok : https://www.tiktok.com/@iconpinas
Twitter : https://twitter.com/IconPinas
YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkwvlG2636SqqtjOYAxOhQ
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/IconPinas/
Medium : https://medium.com/@iconpinas
9. Public Address
Thank you for your time and consideration!