ICON Dashboard CPS proposal

I think this is a great initiative that would be beneficial to the ICON community. By providing a user-friendly interface for monitoring and tracking key network metrics, the proposed dashboard would help ICONists to better understand the performance of the network and make informed decisions about their participation in it.

Additionally, the team behind the proposal has demonstrated a clear commitment to transparency and accessibility, which is crucial for building trust and engagement within the community. Overall, I think that this proposal has a lot of potential and would be a valuable addition to the ICON ecosystem.

However, i cannot comment on the costing as i do not know what is reasonable.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, @PamPam. :pray:

@budw1ser @Parabollix @angela: I’ve added a price breakdown to the post, which has also been included in the final proposal:

Source Amount Notes
UI/UX design USD 25,000 1 designer at $10,000/month for 2.5 months
Outstanding design & content work USD 20,000 1 designer and 1 writer at $5,000/month for 2 months
Front-end development USD 30,000 1 developer at $5,000/month x 6 months
Back-end development USD 5,000 Back-end services provided by sudoblock, plus 12 months of hosting
Hosting & maintenance costs USD 5,000 1 year of app hosting, and 1-2 months post-launch maintenance & enhancements

To keep the price down, the cost of the UI/UX design work will be absorbed by our team.

Note that this project will have two deliverables:
Name Explanation
ICON Dashboard An interface to view details about transactions, assets, apps, wallets, smart contracts, and governance on the ICON blockchain.
Backend services New backend APIs to support additional governance info, 24 hour stats, historical token prices, and ecosystem-related datapoints. These will be open-sourced so that others can use them.
3 Likes

good job parrot i think we need it this kind of dasboard, everything in one place with very slick design! its also motivates the holders to visit the dasboard often than never! i like the daily inflation distribution and the exact unstaked time! the funding its reasonable especially when the team has partialy absorbed the cost

3 Likes

thank you for doing this! Very useful! I have so many questions, why does the unlocking time take so long? what would it affect if this time interval were shorter?

2 Likes

I particularly liked the feature of providing customizable interfaces for easily tracking different types of data that the ICON community needs. It meets my needs effectively. Moreover, many of the other features that come with the development are user-friendly. God work, thanks team

1 Like

CPS Dashboard* using any ICON wallet. From here, explore the layout of the dashboard* and click on “Proposals” to explore both active and completed proposals From the CHILD db Dashboard, select the Concept Proposal (CP) icon or tab. List of approved CPs in CHILD db 2048 cupcakes portal. List shows: CP name/description. PI name.Student and Parent Portals provide access to students’ grades, assignments, and attendance, among other new features, such as the ability to view and pay fees …

2 Likes

The ICON Dashboard is a significant step towards improving the user experience in the blockchain space. By creating a user-friendly interface, the ICON team is addressing a crucial need in the industry. This approach reflects an understanding that, for widespread adoption, simplicity and accessibility are key.

The majority of users prioritize ease of use, and this focus on providing an excellent user experience is a step in the right direction. It aligns with the current trend of user-centric blockchain products.

3 Likes