Execution plan of the proposal (How)
ICON DAO uses AWS at the server specifications defined by ICON Foundation to ensure a highly secured, resilient and reliable network. In accordance with these server specifications, ICON DAO runs the best possible server configuration and environment for maintaining the ICON Network and will scale as the network grows.
Technical Specifications: AWS
Instance type: C5.9xlarge
CPU model: Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8124M CPU @ 3.00 GHz
Disk: 500G NVMe SSD (EBS bandwidth 4.5 Gbps)
Network: 10 Gbps
We are an organization with extensive experience in designing and developing dApps, online services, and backend software.
In support of wide-scale blockchain adoption, we are committed to developing and sourcing new blockchain projects and services wishing to integrate blockchain technology through our community support initiatives and 15year+ tech/startup network. This will enable an increase in ICONists joining and contributing to the network, thus increasing network traffic and value.
The ICON DAO team is committed to growing the ecosystem through product development. We already have existing products on other networks that we are excited to integrate into the ICON ecosystem and already have plans for further dApp developments.
• Cryptobadge - CAN’s identification/reputation system that allows users to gamify their life through receiving, or ‘unlocking’, achievement badges that identify their diverse skills, expertise and accomplishments. Check our running prototype onCryptobadge.app to see it in action.
• Code in Force - A governance design tool for users, organizations, or services to facilitate a transparent decision-making process for collaborations. CAN provides Code in Force to allow communities to design their optimal decision making process as well as rules defining member’s rights and privileges. It allows communities to grant different privileges to its members based on the badges issued by community itself or by other external certificate issuers. Communities can also design decision making process based on badges that members hold. CryptoBadge, as proof of member’s expertise and contributions, functions as an underlying infrastructure upon which democratic as well as meritocratic decision processes can be built.
• Token Manager - A token creation and issuing tool for users to develop and manage transactions of their community’s own native token.
• Community Bank - The shared funding pool where DAOs developed on our platform may pool their assets for project funding.
• GROUP - A development stack for individuals or organizations to build functional communities easily and quickly. Tools include communication, content management and forum development, among others.
ICON DAO will support the ICON ecosystem through:
On-Chain Community Support:
- ICON DAO Community Grant - Distributing 10-20% of Representative Rewards to the ICON community directly by rewarding and financially supporting ICONists - individuals, groups, or organizations - who have been recognized and nominated by the community for their contributions to ICON network growth or awareness.
Community members can be nominated for their interesting dApp, good proposal idea, ICON content creation or even for holding ICON meetup events. The community members choose who they want to nominate.
On our ICON DAO Collaboration Forum, users may create nomination threads outlining their nominee and the dApp, tool, proposal or promotion they have contributed to the community for that month. Every month ICON DAO will compile and review the candidates, selecting candidates based upon creativity, innovativeness, potential and community support.
This grant is dependant on our P-Rep reward earnings per month so we hope to increase it higher over time to incentivize more ICONists to build on our ecosystem so that we may have an active community of contributors and not just P-Reps and their stakers.
- Multi-chain support for ease of dApp network interoperability.
- Providing modules and code templates for dApp development for communities.
Off-Chain Community Support:
- Quarterly hackathons.
- Publishing content and biweekly updates to ICON’s social media to keep the community informed.
- Marketing and promoting ICON within the blockchain community in Asia.
ICON DAO Collaboration Forum
The backbone of any thriving network is its community. As a P-Rep, our team will activate the community by developing a forum where ICONists can interact, engage in discussions and collaborate on development projects that can enhance the network.
ICON DAO Strategic Alliances
We have a dedicated team of 25+ developers spanning across the world with offices in South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, and the US. Along with our experience in developing applications we have also developed strong strategic alliances around the world with numerous companies, including ICON Foundation.
Our network includes:
- Our 5 million+ users from our community service, Vingle and others.
- Our 50+ startup investment portfolio worldwide from our early-stage startup investment arm, The Ventures.
ICON DAO is excited about leveraging our network to market and expand ICON.
ICON DAO supports transparent governance both for ICON network and our P-rep operation through our DAO tools. Opening up the core decision making process and sharing issues together with the community means we pursue the true blockchain philosophy.