[Grant Application] The ICON Republic: www.iconrepublic.org

The ICON Republic: www.iconrepublic.org

Project category

Marketing, Content creation, Raising awareness, ICON Overview

Project description

A one stop informative website/portal for the ICON Network that serves as an overview for both hardcore ICONists, and new ICONists.

Update: We have discussed this project in length with the ICON Foundation, and decided to add and incorporate more specific details and categories of the ICON network for developers, investors, entrepreneurs and the community.

We will also showcase more highlights of the ICON ecosystem such as key dapps, and usecases (Broof, VisitMe, MyID).

We will also work with a video production company to create a short video introduction/overview of the ICON network.

We will also aim to bring more traffic to ICON’s existing channels such as its telegram group, twitter, and newsletter.

Finally, we will also be carrying out marketing activities and managing the @ICONRepublic twitter account for exposure once the site is complete.

What is the ONE website that you would point people to if they wanted to learn about ICON?

The most common answer was that there was no single website that holds A-Z information of ICON for potential investors and ICONists. Information is out there, but they remain dispersed across different sites and remain unaccessible which can be confusing for first time investors, both crypto veterans or beginners.

We believe this is a problem as more and more people become interested in ICON. Information needs to be immediately accessible (in a single glance) more so in the field of crypto.

Currently the ICON Foundation website is in need of a rework and doesn’t contain the most up to date information for ICON. Even if it were updated, I believe there are angles that a non official website can tackle that the ICON Foundation couldn’t.

In 2017, I bought the domain www.iconrepublic.org 1 and have held it to this day. As someone who has been covering/analyzing ICON since its inception in 2017 I am knowledgable about ICON, and would like to propose creating www.iconrepublic.org 1.

This will be a website which will be a one stop solution for all those who want to learn and understand ICON. It will be for both hardened crypto investors and for crypto beginners. I believe ICON is a project with immense potential, but there is no website that currently showcases its full potential and initiatives in an accessible (single glance), aesthetically pleasing manner.

I believe that in the current crypto climate, a concise, graphic-heavy (including a video) website can serve to be extremely effective in introducing ICON to beginners and being a useful portal for even seasoned ICONists.

This is not going to be a website where members interact as we believe there are plenty of forums and other social avenues for ICONists.

This is a unique project which aims to be the one stop informative website and portal for all things in the ICON Republic.

Project Duration

We expect the website to be up and running within 2 months.

Project Milestones

If we are approved of the grant, we can begin work right away and we expect the website to be completed within 2 months. We also plan to continually update the website and content as ICON makes progress.

Funding Amount Requested

Requested amount (one time fee): $9,500 USD

Estimated time till completion: 2 months from start.

Development : $2500 USD

Project Management : $3000 USD (planning, aggregation, creation, translation of website/content)

Marketing and maintenance : $2500 USD (Including the creation of the ICON video introduction from a video production team/company, management/updates of the website, and social media channels.)

*Design: $1500 USD We were initially planning to work with the ICON Foundation’s design team, but due to unavailability, we will work with a hired designer on a contract basis.

We would like to request a 1 million ICX delegation for the duration that the website is live to maintain servers, make continual updates to the website, and manage/update its social media channels over time.

This is a project which will require a lot of planning, aggregation, creation, and curation of information.

It will be a dynamic informative website which will require constant updates as ICON makes progress. Think of it as an aesthetically pleasing A-Z introduction to ICON (ICON 101) which will involve the creation of a lot of introductory content regarding ICON, and be a curated portal to the best available resources for ICON.

This is a website to which I hope that any ICONist can proudly direct both crypto investors and crypto beginners who are interested in ICON.

Official team name

ICON Hyperconnect P-Rep

Contact information

Email: Markus@hyperconnector.io

Telegram: @Markusjay

Twitter: @Markusjayvc

Public address

https://tracker.icon.foundation/address/hxd5059fec8665bc7b769f4893aef65cf00049377a 1

To me this sounds like what this website here is/should be evolving into. Have you talked with @2infiniti about future plans for icon.community?

I’m very supportive of the idea, butvjust wanted to share my opinion about further improving icon.community.

Would you recommend icon.community to people who want to learn about ICON? It’s a great site with very important statistics about the network, but lacking introductory content and a graphical style, and ultimately not a site I would direct people to who want to learn about ICON as a beginner (of ICON) whether they are crypto beginners or crypto veterans.

It seems more for P-Reps, or hardcore ICONists who want to look at statistics of the network.

I want to create a site where investors can learn about ICON’s strengths as a project to invest in (primarily as a front page) and also be a portal to all things ICON (including icon.community). I also want to do this in a graphically heavy, aesthetically pleasing way which is a completely different concept/site.

I understand your aim but I don’t think these are beneficial for iconist preps come up with a lot of platform it just divide iconist attentions. We recently got icondao forum my question is how many more platforms we can have or is this even healthy?

Read the quote from the post to understand why it’s not “another platform.” ICON DAO is a completely different project, and one of the projects I’m referring to in the above quote (i.e., social avenues). We have no plans of making it social/interactive.

This is planning to fix exactly what you’re calling out as an issue: scattered information/attention. There is no single website you can send someone who’s new to ICON at the moment as a lot of that information is dispersed across different sites and platforms, or sometimes just doesn’t exist.

There is a stark difference between sending a person 6 Medium articles about ICON and a single well polished, updated/curated website.

Ultimately we are planning to be a portal for the ICON Republic with additional introductory information which can immediately capture the attention of potential investors and future ICONists.

2 Likes

I agree with your thoughts here Markus and I personally believe we should have a one stop shop for all ICON related news. With markets starting to look positive I’ve myself had a few people approach me and ask (a main question) where can I learn about ICON or find the latest information. So its important we have somewhere to direct those newcomers. But I guess my only question to you is what would be different from what we already have in “The Iconist” website? https://theicon.ist/

Hello Tony,

My answer to that would be that we’re not planning to be something like the ICONist.

The ICONist was a news publication for the ICON Republic, and great as it was, not somewhere you would send someone who was new to ICON. It didn’t contain a well curated A-Z introductory info of ICON, but instead had several articles that appeared as news broke.

We would be much closer to something like https://chainlinkecosystem.com/ecosystem/ for ICON than the ICONist news. But I’m hoping to a create a more professional/graphical layout for a one stop/glance intro (and portal links to other important resources) of ICON for www.iconrepublic.org as well as creating more introductory content than it being simply curation.

1 Like

We’ve edited the original proposal above to include the part below (and more) after discussing the project with the ICON Foundation. Please have a look. Thank you.

Update : We have discussed this project in length with the ICON Foundation, and decided to add and incorporate more specific details and categories of the ICON network for developers, investors, entrepreneurs and the community.

We will also showcase more highlights of the ICON ecosystem such as key dapps, and usecases (Broof, VisitMe, MyID).

We will also work with a video production company to create a short video introduction/overview of the ICON network.

We will also aim to bring more traffic to ICON’s existing channels such as its telegram group, twitter, and newsletter.

Finally, we will also be carrying out marketing activities and managing the @ICONRepublic twitter account for exposure once the site is complete.

2 Likes

Initial Review Result Comments

Review Result

Approve

Review Comments

We already discussed with the Hyperconnect team several times and found a common ground that we can collaborate with. We are happy to work with this team.

Next Procedure

ICON Foundation provided the Initial Review Result Comments on the proposal. Grants recipients will respond to the Foundation’s response. If the recipient finally agrees on the outcome of the ICON Foundation, the foundation will provide the Final Review Result Comments.

1 Like

Final Review Result Comments

Review Result

Approved

Reporting Period

Grant recipients should produce Periodic Reports in order to continue to receive grant funding. If the Periodic Report is showing that the initiative is not meeting expectations, the ICON Foundation has the option to halt continued funding. Please check the link (ICON Community Grant Program (“ICON CGP”)) and leave reports on this page (https://forum.icon.community/c/g/pr )

The team must submit the Periodic Report by the timeframes below (UTC):

• 2020/09/23 02:00 AM (UTC)
  • 2020/10/20 02:00 AM (UTC)
  • 2020/11/20 02:00 AM (UTC)

Funding Amount

The ICON Foundation is going to give out $9,500 in 3 monthly installments based on the Periodic Report. The amount of ICX will be determined and paid according to the price at 02:00 AM (UTC) on the day of payment.

• 2020/09/24 02:00 AM (UTC) - $3,166
  • 2020/10/23 02:00 AM (UTC) - $3,166
  • 2020/11/24 02:00 AM (UTC) - $3,167
1 Like