Bridge and ICON documentation
Project category: Development
Project duration: 6 months
A few months ago we began working on the design for Bridge, a project that will help general users interact with blockchain applications. We offered our services free of charge because we didn’t want to paywall design, and our P-Rep rewards were enough to cover our costs. That’s no longer the case, and as resources are limited, we haven’t been able to put as much time into Bridge as we’d hoped. With a grant, we can make meaningful adjustments to our existing workload so we can commit more time to it.
A large amount of the documentation for ICON is out of date or incomplete, particularly the documentation for P-Reps found on icon.community, and for developers through icondev.io. It’s crucial to keep ICON content up to date and easy to digest so we can provide the best onboarding experience for P-Reps and developers – especially if we want newcomers to take the project seriously.
It’s not enough to simply create content: we also need to do a good job at maintaining it. After we finish our work on Bridge, we’d like to dedicate some of our time every week to make it better. This will mostly be done by Lisa, who’s spent more than 3 years writing and editing documentation, in-app wording, and marketing content for 1Password.
- UI/UX design
- Front-end markup
- Marketing and support materials
- Create a content style guide to keep terminology consistent across all communication channels
- Update the P-Rep documentation
- Improve the P-Rep Projects page
- Reorganise the News page content
- Optimise the UX with improvements for readability, navigation, and more
After we finish Bridge and the icon.community updates, we’ll start on the ICON Dev Portal. Our initial steps will be to:
- Audit the developer content from icondev.io and other community resources to get a complete picture of the existing content
- Come up with a strategy to organise and improve the content so that it’s accessible to developers of all skill levels
Funding amount requested
$60,000, or $10,000/month for 6 months.
- Branding: $5,000
- Widget: $5,000
- Website: $10,000
ICON documentation: $40,000
- icon.community: $25,000
- icondev.io: $15,000
Official team name