Application Development: K-Pop Content Promoter
STAYGE One is developing a blockchain-based service innovating the entertainment industry - K-Pop Content Promoter is a system recording how much the K-Pop fans are contributing to the expansion of K-Pop content.
From the very beginning, Fans have been the ones at the forefront of distributing content of their beloved artists, playing the most important role in artists’ promotion. In the meantime, personalized media content has got very popular with secondary media content such as fan edits - video clips and images. Such secondary media content has been playing the key role in making artists popular regardless of the intention of artists or their PR strategies.
In the end, understanding the routes of content distribution indicates collecting the most important data showing the map of the entire entertainment industry.
Content Promoter will evaluate the distribution status of target content based on the following 3 steps.
STEP1 - Various kinds of content will be gathered at the Fan Community of STAYGE from many content sources including YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
STEP 2 - Content gathered at STAYGE will be converted into personalized and shareable URL links. Such links will lead to the same content of the sources while having personal information including user data, link-generation time, and so on.
STEP 3 - When the generated links are shared with blogs and communities, the referral information will be recorded to see which pathways the links have been taken.
Throughout the 3 steps and collected data, STAYGE can figure out the fans who have been contributing to the distribution of content and set the standard to give out rewards on their contribution.
Voluntary and active participation of K-Pop fans can be a crucial factor to operate the Content Promoter effectively. STAYGE will utilize 3 measures to induce participation from the fans.
1st measure would be the online shopping store on the K-Pop Content Promoter selling goods of artists. Fans around the world can buy the K-Pop merchandises here with the IRC2-based ACT tokens they have received as the rewards for the distribution of content. Teenager fans or those living in developing countries who do not have a proper online payment method have been proven to be extremely incentivised to participate in the campaigns with many event experiences.
2nd measure would be cooperation with the artists and their agencies. Artists have the needs to promote their content effectively and only a few of them can spare the budget for promotion. STAYGE’s Content Promoter can be an effective marketing means for most artists to distribute their content. With the fan network of STAYGE, if there’s a way to encourage fans to participate in the distribution of their beloved artists, it would be a very strong and effective marketing channel.
3rd measure would be the STAYGE service as a archival record. Fans tend to cherish the memories from their fan activities - they buy albums, goods, and concert tickets and keep those to bring back their memories. Content Promoter will record their online fan activities which the fans have done and give meaning to the activities as archival records.
Goals - Contribute to the ICON Network
STAYGE firmly believes that Content Promoter will have positive impacts on the ICON community and network, especially among the K-Pop fans who do not have a proper purchasing methods.
- Massive transaction volume increase thanks to K-Pop fans around the world: BTS and many K-Pop artists generate a massive amount of traffic on search engines, video platforms, and so on whenever they create new content. When it comes to K-Pop fandoms, it is very natural to see the fans’ strong engagement - trying to add more traffic on search engines and video platforms with the keywords related to their beloved artists - and they feel proud of their accomplishments such as more views on YouTube. K-Pop Content Promoter service alone can easily multiply the entire transactions on ICON network by implementing K-Pop fans’ activities.
- Boosting awareness of ICON and blockchain technologies among non-crypto users: The majority of K-Pop fans is Asian women in their 10s and 20s. According to various statistics, K-Pop fans show almost the opposite characteristics compare to the crypto users. With the Content Promoter service, we can have new fans of ICON by enlightening the K-Pop fans about the fact that blockchain is not all about trading coins but an effective tool for their fandom activities.
- Innovation in the Entertainment industry: In Korea, particularly, blockchain-based businesses are subject to various kinds of regulations or requirements from the government. Blockchain-related legislation has been focusing on AML and online identification while the Content Promoter service focuses on the quantifiable quality of Fandom activities - which would not be subject to regulation or restriction. In conclusion, the Content Promoter working on the entertainment industry would be the real gateway of accessing to the ICON network with the real world much faster than projects hooked up with other industries.
Expected Outcomes of the project
The estimated number of new wallets with the upcoming marketing event for 2 months would be about whopping 452,440. The following table and figures are estimated by the marketing data STAYGE has been collecting so far.
|Total Cost||User Acquisition Cost||New Users|
|Traffic from SNS ADs||$3,000||$0.06||50,000|
|Content Reach||Average User Conversion Rate||New Users|
|Traffic from STAYGE Channels||12,000,000||0.02%||2,400|
|Artist Followers||Average User Conversion Rate||New Users|
|Traffic from Artist Channels||2,000,000||20%||400,000|
|New Users / Wallets that could be acquired within 2 months||452,400|
The minimum transactions generated by new users acquired from the marketing activities of Content Promoter are 3 - 1 for creating the shareable link and 2 for the new session with landing page. With the consumption of 3 minimum transactions, the total possible transactions would be 124,591.
|New Users||Event Participation||Minimum Transactions||Total Transactions||Daily Transactions|
The total marketing costs would be $6,000 for 2 months - if Fans buys goods on the in-app store about 600 times, marketing actions would be sustainable. 600 purchases can be reached with 0.14% of purchase conversion rate out of new users.
|Marketing Costs||Avg Goods Price||Minimum Sales Requirement||Minimum Conversion Requirement|
The estimated outcomes and figures are only taking the newly acquired users into consideration - if including the transactions and conversions that would be generated from the existing 350K users, the result of this project is much more promising. In addition, STAYGE will share and check the progress of the project every month to the community to see if the expected and actual results are similar.
Project Duration (Maximum of 6 months)
Initiation Content Promoter Development
- Cookie collection code development on the landing page
- Private link generation code development
- Data collection code development on Content distribution via referral and private links
Collaboration with Artists
- Participation via SNS
- Participation via Live Video Platforms like V-Live
- Participation via Offline events
Selling Artist Goods
- Securing small sized goods that can be delivered to anywhere around the globe
Developing Content Promoter Data UI
- Special Effect UI on promotion accomplishment
- Check out UI on promotion result
- Suggestion UI on promotion strategy
Funding Amount Requested
$28,000 for 3 months
- 4 members with 40% of capacity for 3 months: 4 x 40% x 3 = 4.8 M/M,
$20,000 in Korea
- Small goods production costs: $2,000
- Event page promotion costs: $3,000
- Artist collaboration marketing - content production costs: $3,000
Official Team Name
It is composed of product development professionals of game, social media, and lifestyle service, who are suitable for making active and energetic entertainment service for fans.
Michael Baeg is a co-founder & CEO of STAYGE One. Michael founded STAYGE Labs which is the company behind STAYGE One’s blockchain project in 2016. Throughout his career at the venture capital firm, Formation 8 Partners, Michael has invested in and helped the business development of multiple startup companies in both the United States and Korea. Michael has extensive knowledge and networking in both the IT and entertainment industries through his experience in gaming and media companies. Michael is a well-connected person who has a wide range of experience with IT & startup industries, with more than 15 years as a software engineer, entrepreneur, and investor. Michael graduated from POSTECH, the top engineering university in South Korea, with a degree in Computer Science. POSTECH’s alumni network has tremendous influence in South Korea’s blockchain industry.
- STAYGE One / Co-founder & CEO
- STAYGE Labs / Co-founder & CEO
- Formation 8 Partners / Asia Business Operating Partner
- On*Media (acquired by CJ Group) / New Biz-dev Team Manager
- Entelligent (acquired by NEXON Mobile) / Team Leader & Senior Software Engineer
- DelphiEye (acquired by Webzen) / Software Engineer
- Actoz Soft (acquired by Shanda) / Software Engineer
- POSTECH / B.S. in CSE
Steve Cho has deep understandings in a variety of computer science and engineering fields such as a large-scale database, network protocols, and security. Steve Cho worked as a senior software engineer for KTDS, IT professional firm derived from KT which is one of the largest telecommunication company in South Korea. He has 10+ years-experiences with development and operation of customer & order management system for KT with more than 20 million subscribers. Steve was a software engineer at Oullim Information Technology, a network security company in South Korea providing full featured firewall/VPN products, for 3 years with contributions to adding functionalities of firewall engine such as kernel-level state synchronization via a multicast-based custom protocol between multiple firewalls, self-organizing load balancing without L4 switch. He graduated and obtained M.S. from KAIST and B.S. from POSTECH for a major of CSE.
- STAYGE Labs / CTO
- KTDS / Senior Software Engineer
- KT / Software Engineer
- Nomad Connection / Software Engineer
- Oullim Information Technology / Software Engineer
- KAIST / M.S. in CSE
- POSTECH / B.S. in CSE
- STAYGE Labs / CPO
- Starpics / Co-founder & CMO
- Fantagram / Product Manager & Designer & CEO
- MAKE A / Software Engineer & CEO
- Ngs Communications / Software Engineer & UI/UX Designer
Dennis majored in Computer science in POSTECH, and interested in front-end facing to user directly. He has a deep understandings in various UI/UX development while he developed the map application of ‘Kakao’, offering many services such as kakaotalk which is the top-used messenger in South Korea, game, commerce, and mobile contents.
- STAYGE Labs / Software Engineer
- Kakao Corp. / Android Developer
- POSTECH / B.S. in CSE
Team Contact Information
telegram id: @stayge_official
Public Address (To receive the grant)