Event Based Architecture
February 22nd - April 5th
This report summarizes the final deliverables for this project. Since the last reporting period, we have completed the following tasks.
- Completed development and testing of the API endpoints as listed in the main project repo
- Deployed the endpoints for mainnet and testnet
- Created documentation with API specs for endpoints that are also available from deployment
- Published a medium article describing how to use the endpoints and an additional tutorial
- Demoed the endpoints with three leading projects in the community receiving positive feedback
- Began applying the architecture for supporting the Balanced project
Several teams have expressed interest in using the endpoints as it averts that classic workflow of polling a node and filtering responses. Instead, clients can open a websocket connection and receive filtered events based subscribing to events from a contract or to an address. The latter workflow results in faster and more efficient interactions with the blockchain requiring fewer requests with less data transmitted to deliver the same result. We’re excited to see the different use cases it could find such as upgrading the explorer to give live feeds of data, offer APIs that show balances / votes over time
Project Completion Percentage
Remaining Time to Completion
Expected Results for the Next Period
This concludes the work on this grant though we are planning on submitting a follow-up grant through the CPS system.