About the Contribution Proposals category

The Contribution Proposals Category is for initial discussions of specific Contribution Proposals prior to going to on-chain voting using the actual CPS. ICONists interested in submitting a Contribution Proposal should first write it out here on the forum, gather feedback from P-Reps and other community members, find a P-Rep to “Sponsor” the proposal, then formally submit on the CPS Dashboard during an application period.

Rules:

1. Each topic in this category must be a specific contribution proposal
  2. Treat each other with respect and professionalism
  3. Focus on question & answer format to limit noise under proposals

Recommended Format

1. Title
  2. Project Category
  • Infrastructure
    • for supporting the underlying code base of the blockchain - Infrastructure supporting tools, bug patches, node maintenance tools, etc.
  • Development
    • Developer support and product ideas - wallets, block explorers, dapps, developer documentation, etc.
  • Community Activities
    • Ambassador activities, public relations, meetups, educational content and activities, and web community development and management
  1. Project Description
  2. Project Duration (Maximum of 6 months)
  3. Project Milestones
  4. Funding Amount Requested
4 Likes

Hey Benny.

I’m interested in making a proposal. I have a few questions. Should I reply with it here, or start a new thread? Is the CPS open, or will I have to wait for an answer until the CPS comes live (February?) Cheers

Hey man - make a new thread in this category, title it based on the title of your proposal, and try to keep to the recommended format above. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Thank you for this guide. We will be doing and promoting some of the new projects proposed in the Contribution Proposals Category. It is a great initiative. Thanks a lot, it is good for ICON echo system.

CPS looks great with some interesting proposals. Is there a way for individual Iconists to vote (using their ICX) their views on whether a certain proposal should be accepted or declined? I understand ultimately the approval process only counts P-reps, but I think it would be interesting to see what Iconists think overall on certain proposals.

1 Like

It would be nice to get ICONists more involved, but ultimately your involvement as a voter is to look at how P-Reps are voting and ask yourself “Do I agree with their assessments?”. For those that you do agree with, they should get your ICX votes

Hi Benny, thanks for your comment. As an active ICONist, I understand the Representation part of P-Rep. However, the P-rep assessments of individual CPS projects are a very small part of what influences which P-rep I vote for (I would assume this is the case for most ICONists). Correlating my P-rep votes to respective P-rep CPS approval/disapproval seems a bit over-extrapolated. Even if it didn’t count, it would be nice to see ICONists approval/disapproval metrics of the different CPS proposals. Just a thought to help engagement. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. ICONist should also have some input. However, ICONist should also vote for those P-Reps that have representation here.