About the Contribution Proposals category

The Contribution Proposals Category is for initial discussions of specific Contribution Proposals prior to going to on-chain voting using the actual CPS. ICONists interested in submitting a Contribution Proposal should first write it out here on the forum, gather feedback from P-Reps and other community members, find a P-Rep to “Sponsor” the proposal, then formally submit on the CPS Dashboard during an application period.

Rules:

1. Each topic in this category must be a specific contribution proposal
  2. Treat each other with respect and professionalism
  3. Focus on question & answer format to limit noise under proposals

Recommended Format

1. Title
  2. Project Category
  • Infrastructure
    • for supporting the underlying code base of the blockchain - Infrastructure supporting tools, bug patches, node maintenance tools, etc.
  • Development
    • Developer support and product ideas - wallets, block explorers, dapps, developer documentation, etc.
  • Community Activities
    • Ambassador activities, public relations, meetups, educational content and activities, and web community development and management
  1. Project Description
  2. Project Duration (Maximum of 6 months)
  3. Project Milestones
  4. Funding Amount Requested
5 Likes

Hey Benny.

I’m interested in making a proposal. I have a few questions. Should I reply with it here, or start a new thread? Is the CPS open, or will I have to wait for an answer until the CPS comes live (February?) Cheers

Hey man - make a new thread in this category, title it based on the title of your proposal, and try to keep to the recommended format above. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Thank you for this guide. We will be doing and promoting some of the new projects proposed in the Contribution Proposals Category. It is a great initiative. Thanks a lot, it is good for ICON echo system.

CPS looks great with some interesting proposals. Is there a way for individual Iconists to vote (using their ICX) their views on whether a certain proposal should be accepted or declined? I understand ultimately the approval process only counts P-reps, but I think it would be interesting to see what Iconists think overall on certain proposals.

1 Like

It would be nice to get ICONists more involved, but ultimately your involvement as a voter is to look at how P-Reps are voting and ask yourself “Do I agree with their assessments?”. For those that you do agree with, they should get your ICX votes

Hi Benny, thanks for your comment. As an active ICONist, I understand the Representation part of P-Rep. However, the P-rep assessments of individual CPS projects are a very small part of what influences which P-rep I vote for (I would assume this is the case for most ICONists). Correlating my P-rep votes to respective P-rep CPS approval/disapproval seems a bit over-extrapolated. Even if it didn’t count, it would be nice to see ICONists approval/disapproval metrics of the different CPS proposals. Just a thought to help engagement. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. ICONist should also have some input. However, ICONist should also vote for those P-Reps that have representation here.

1 Like

Hi Benny,

Can you explain what you mean with ‘find a P-Rep to “Sponsor” the proposal’? Is it just a recommendation to kickstart the proposal? Or is it a necessity to get a proposal passed?

Kind regards

man… your proposals looks great. i’d love to see its in future

We appreciate this guide, and we’re committed to undertaking and endorsing select projects outlined in the Contribution Proposals Category. This initiative is truly commendable. Thank you very much; it contributes positively to the ICON ecosystem.