Winible - Tokenized wine on $ICX

NFTs is hot these days, but, why the focus is only on wines?

1 Like

The initial project we propose here is to tokenize bottles of wine. Our goal is not to ride the NFTs wave but to build a long-term project that will be really useful. From there, it is not impossible that we may decide in the future to extend the NFT range to other real-life products that could be suitable for tokenization.

1 Like

Well, depending on how much adoption you are going to get, I wouldn’t be surprised if individual grape vines could be tokenized? Decentralized wineries in the future, why not? Getting a certain amount of the yearly bottled wine depending on your voting power? And the wineries are getting the P-Rep rewards?

I seriously think that the improvement is huge if the project succeeds.
I will be in this no matter what. As I am from Finland this is the only way I could “easily get into the winery business”

1 Like

Thanks for your support during the project! We really believe that this first step could lead us through a wider phase. We are considering multiple ways to improve the project and to make it real. And we will closely look into all the possibilities that can be interesting for the future.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, we have just updated our post taking into account your remarks during the last CPS session. In order to make the project as coherent as possible and in line with the expectations of the community members, do not hesitate to continue to contact us to share your impressions.

1 Like

I think without the inclusion of the NFT asset management portion of the budget, this is an easy approval from me. Thanks for considering the change and i’m looking forward to the re-submittal.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see that these changes are going your way. In our opinion, it is the goal in an ecosystem like ICON to adapt and respond to the expectations of the members by changing our plans while keeping a clear project line. We hope we can start working on this project soon.

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea idea. If the proof of concept works, your model can lead the way for many other projects to follow.

A few thoughts come to mind while reading the outline:

How will you address KYC? If you ship to a token owner, how will their data be captured? Where will it be stored?

How will you address the liability of possibly selling to underage persons?

Have you accounted for shipping worldwide? I assume shipping costs for wine bottles are higher than sending socks. Who is responsible for shipping? Winnable? Or the winery? Do they have a license to ship out of the country?

1 Like

Is this the Winible that Garyvee the millionaire loved by millions on twitter who also owns many of the OG crypto punks?

Hi RedbullRun, actually no. We are a brand new project on ICON.

Hi Jcastro, thanks for your remarks concerning crucial points. I will try to answer precisely with the information we can provide today :

• The users will be able to sign their address through our web app (at the moment of presale or later). The user’s infos will be encrypted and store in our backend and not publicly on-chain for obvious reasons.

• About this aspect, we don’t plan to run a KYC on users wanting to get delivered. Usual regulations don’t require KYC to sell alcohol online, we will details all our plans about the delivery/storage plan on month 1 as specified in the grant (there will be countries that won’t be able to receive delivery for legal reasons)!

If you need any further information, don’t hesitate to DM me!