IISS 3.0 Proposal

ah ok, I must have misread that one - I somehow got from it that only the preps with more than 1% delegations will have such bond. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey nblaze - it’s a dense document so things can definitely slip through the cracks. Here are some direct answers for you

1.) Adjustments include a 5% minimum bond requirement to be posted by all P-Reps

2.) P-reps can earn and have access to their rewards, but must post the entire bond in order to maximize their rewards. Please see the Appendix section for specific examples showing how a P-Rep “Bob” would not be maximizing his rewards if his Bonded Delegation is lower than his Actual Delegation

3.) There is no specific grace period, but the concept of Bonded Delegation makes it so people can still earn and claim rewards even if they don’t have the full bond

4.) The only slashing penalties discussed in IISS 3.0 are related to governance, so it only applies to Main P-Reps. Other penalties, such as low productivity, are not discussed in this proposal

5.) Thank you for the feedback on how to set up the CPF. The actual structure of the CPF is still being worked on

Feel free to DM me on telegram if you need more clarification, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Scott! I think that this answers all of my questions

Thank you for the prompt response! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Scott. Very well balanced. Enough incentive for all current P-Reps while laying a strong foundation to attract additional qualified P-Reps in the future.

Approved!!!

1 Like

Approved. All the changes seem fair and reasonable. Good compromise all around from my understanding of it. Always room for more tweaks at the network progresses and new issues arise but all in all it’s a step in the right direction

Decision: Approve

We’re really happy with the new changes, particularly with the revised bond requirement. Thank you for considering the community’s feedback and coming to what we think is the best compromise. :clap::clap:

One question: what kind of timeframe do you expect for contribution proposal votes? Depending on the quantity and nature of the proposals, they may take some time to consider, but we don’t want to hinder progress by taking too long. It would be helpful for everyone involved to know what to expect so they can plan accordingly.

3 Likes

+1 to this question. The voting period is 5 days, but I’d suggest we have a review and Q&A period prior to voting. With the expected growth in proposals, it will be important to come up with an efficient battle rhythm and process for reviewing proposals.

2 Likes

Symmetry SLC Decision: Approve

Thank you for taking all of the P-Rep feedback into account. This iteration of IISS 3.0 seems like it addresses many of the concerns with the current system. The incentives are more clearly aligned toward what the network needs and participants want. It seems like security of the chain is also taken into account more than in the first proposed version and that is the single most important thing when it comes to blockchains.

• Our one request as of right now is, as others above have stated, we would also like for the bond to be able to come from a different wallet, or multiple wallets in order to keep our security as high as possible.

We hope that IISS 3.0 will be a stable base to work from in the future. And, if possible, when changes or tweaks to the system need to be applied we can do it in smaller, more targeted increments in order to keep things consistent and stable. A brand new incentive system every year isn’t exactly what big investors are looking for. However we understand that changes needed to be made, and it’s better to be flexible and take care of things now before it becomes more difficult to make these changes.

4 Likes

We can start talking about it on a separate thread at some point. We already have a baseline paper written, and we’ll certainly be collecting feedback from the community as we consider pros/cons of different systems.

4 Likes

Official IISS 3.0 Text Proposal

The official IISS 3.0 Text Proposal will be up for vote on UTC 2020-04-23 07:30 AM. The exact schedule is subject to change depending on the Representative Term. Please check the schedule and prepare for voting.

6 Likes

Team Name: DSNC

Decision: “Approve”

Comments:

Bond Requirement - We think this is a very good idea for each team to show “skin in the game” and provide their own stake delegated and presenting their aim to keep building their products and services with ICON Project.

Removal of the B1 Reward - this is a big change for ICON Project in a way that the inflation rate will be reduced significantly, but on the other hand, this will heavily reduce the rewards for the sub p-reps which in some cases this rewards will help them build and grow their teams.

Contribution Proposal Fund - We strongly support this idea as this will be a very good way to support the teams who are building their products and don’t have enough resources to do that.

ICON Hyperconnect Decision: Approve

We believe the bond requirement adjustment helps alleviate some concerns although it still remains somewhat of a concern for some teams such as ours and others down the line that may grow fast in a short amount of time.

The progressive “tax” is fair. We like the idea of CPF being funded by all P-Reps in a progressive system as it aligns with the DPoC ethos.

Our only hope is that we have an active and systematic process in in which we can execute and manage CPF grants to make sure that we can get the best talent to build on ICON.

3 Likes

Decision: Approve

1 Like

Approve. Looking forward to seeing it implemented. Congrats all.

1 Like

@BennyOptions_LL Can you provide the link of IISS proposal documents, looks like the above ones are moved and it shows 404 error

Hmm, I can’t seem to find them unfortunately. Is there anything specific you are looking for? IISS 3.1 is what will be on ICON 2.0. Let me know specifically what you’re looking to find and I’ll be able to provide it

I just wanted to check for new updates coming in ICON 2.0. Just wanted to refresh on the updates.

1 Like

For ICON 2.0, here are the main differences that come to mind:

• Bond: You need to post a bond that is 5% or more of the delegation you received. The network will operate on a concept called “bonded delegation”. Bonded delegation is used to decide rank/rewards/voting power. You divide your bond by 5%, capped at your actual delegation, to get bonded delegation.

Bonded delegation = min( bond / 5%, actual delegation received)

• Block Rewards: There is no longer a specific benefit of being in the top 22. You don’t earn that extra bump. There is simply x amount of ICX given out to p-reps, and your portion of those rewards is decided by your bonded delegation / total bonded delegation.

• Rotating block producers: There will be 25 main p-reps, 22 full-time and 3 rotating from sub p-rep status.

• Penalties: This is something I need to research more and see what is currently being implemented. I know we discussed governance penalties for missing Network Proposal Votes, as well as missing blocks, just need to see the specific numbers. Will follow up.

• CPS: There will be a direct allocation of inflation to the CPS.

I think that’s what you were looking for?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMYsCBOz9ugDDoQ8z2JLWDMUkfuV5-Xi/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thanks for the document link. I think we should have these document posted on some persistent platform, the google drive link can anytime get invalid.

1 Like