ICON Content Creation - NYC2022

Thank you, skanderberg!

One of the videos with Moonkyu Song, the Chief BTP Engineer is actually on its way to rolling out, so you may enjoy that one! We also plan to film content with Scott regarding the BTP technology! Adding a BTP commercial would be great, but that may be longer project (since it would be a product ad), better to have the product ready.

Great can’t wait for that release.

Undoubtedly you and Scott would do a great job at that.

And a very valid point in regards to the BTP Ad - A full release would be needed to make such a commercial. But I know you will have your hands all over it when that is the case.

1 Like

when you first started i thought maybe you had some points and legitimate things to address but as you have continued on you really killed all that. This has now just come down to you trolling and it’s a shame because, if nothing else, I thought you at least brought up some good points to address/discuss.

1 Like

Honestly there is not much left to discuss from my end and I don’t care nor do I have time to troll. I care about icon a lot though so was only trying to help.

My main points still are;

1. I believe CPS funds shouldn’t be used to cover a persons living/travel expenses etc. ($10,000 just for hotels and transportation)
  2. I believe the requested amount is way beyond what would be needed for this kind of work. For example; wasting funds for travel and living expenses instead of hiring a production team based in NYC.
  3. I believe there isn’t an appropriately large platform to showcase $25,000 worth of work. Low follower count twitter accounts, no established YouTube channels etc. There isn’t an appropriate viewing audience.
  4. Therefore the videos will only be viewed by a very limited audience of mirai followers and some icx holders which doesn’t offer enough value for the money spent in my opinion.
  5. I don’t believe ICON will get $25,000 worth of value back from this proposal. More money in than value out.

Feel free to discuss (or not) these points among yourselves. That is all.

I don’t think you’re really discussing at this point. I understand you care about ICON, but repeating previous comments without actually reading what people have to say doesn’t bring any value to this discussion.

I believe CPS funds shouldn’t be used to cover a persons living/travel expenses etc. ($10,000 just for hotels and transportation)

I’m convinced you aren’t actually reading what people are saying. As mentioned above, it states $2,500 for hotels and transportation.

I believe the requested amount is way beyond what would be needed for this kind of work. For example; wasting funds for travel and living expenses instead of hiring a production team based in NYC.

Same point you are making from #1. Again, please direct me to a production team based in NYC for $2,500. I would gladly reach out and coordinate something.

I believe there isn’t an appropriately large platform to showcase $25,000 worth of work. Low follower count twitter accounts, no established YouTube channels etc. There isn’t an appropriate viewing audience.

Now I definitely know you’re not reading what people are saying. It’s been mentioned multiple times that nothing we create are being posted directly to Mirai content and followers. Everything created is distributed through ICON Communication channels. @helloiconworld’s 200,000 followers is “low…” I guess.

Therefore the videos will only be viewed by a very limited audience of mirai followers and some icx holders which doesn’t offer enough value for the money spent in my opinion.

Again, same point as #3. Yadi yada, you not reading.

I don’t believe ICON will get $25,000 worth of value back from this proposal. More money in than value out.

Same point as #3. But yes, find me the production team for 1/10th of the price and I will make it happen.

can i ask what is your solution for #3 and #4 ?

1 Like

As for #3, One of the primary goals in content creation from Korea Blockchain Week & NYC Content Creation is to give the ICON Foundation more content to use. As of right now, in the year or so that ICON’s YouTube channel has been up, there has been 3 videos. One was an event and the other an AMA with Cyrus. Before we think about our viewing audience I think we need to have content period.

Even with it being a 3 month project, from the past proposal, this is CONSISTENT content for ICON for the next 6 months probably. Once we have consistent content, we will be working with the ICON Comms team to establish a plan to truly promote our content. I agree we need to market our work, but I also agree we need to put the effort to CREATE the work before deciding if this is a good investment. Look at other blockchains, and the content they produce. We are probably 3-4 years behind in content creation right now.

So the comments of “low follower count twitter accounts” — 200,000 is quite high I think — “no established YouTube channels” ---- well that’s because the ICON YouTube has no content.

As for #4, “very limited audience of mirai followers” I mean, they just didn’t read the proposal at that point. We aren’t posting for ourselves, we are posting through ICON Communications, which up to now, no one has done. We have so many sub-branches of media outlets. We want to create a 1 stop shop to content directly correlated with core team, community members, NFT projects, protocols, applications, etc… you know, like every other blockchain channel out there.

As much as I want this type of stuff to have results over night, that isn’t the case. We’re working against the wave right now and making up for lost time. Lmk, if this answered everything @poopster

1 Like

The guy was spot-on you don’t have the reach and frankly speaking it’s not worth all that money. It would be better spend on DAO tooling or some DEFI project. Yes, it’s good quality but your videos are too short and generic. I would prefer content like this; What Is ICON (ICX)? Is It A Good Investment? - YouTube. It has 10.000 views, long format, not expensive to make and very informative.

yea this is great but i was replying to @dmcho to get his thoughts on what the solution was. thanks

1 Like

most pipl aren’t watching long form content these days. On youtube alone their “shorts” have been wildly successful. Piipl prefer to consume micro content these days, everyone in a hurry lol

1 Like

LOL, well there you have it!

Agreed, the whole point of this proposal and the content that we are creating are short-form content. These type of videos may be informative to you because you understand, or at least I hope, the blockchain space. Our content isn’t geared towards a Web3/Blockchain-involved individual. Most of those longer form content, people click out of it when they realize it’s going to be 10 minutes.

There is no solution. Unfortunately this is not something the proposal creator can fix, hence why the cost doesn’t make any sense. They don’t have the answers, they don’t have the reach to make any of this worth spending this kind of money.

That being said I don’t see why they couldn’t fund it from their own pocket if they’re do dead set on it. They have multiple P-Rep nodes running at this point earning money.

Spend your own money and leave CPS funding to real projects.