[Grant Application] New dApp Integrations to Tipicon

1. Title: Tipicon New Dapp Integrations

2. Project Category: Development

3. Project Description: As Piconbello, we started our tipping bot idea as an experiment, to see if we can create a difference by enabling people using Telegram for dApps. Since our Iconbet integration, Tipicon has been creating massive amounts of transactions. We believe Tipicon has much to offer, we need to offer more dApps, hence we are requesting this grant.

First, some statistics regarding Tipicon. In nearly 2 weeks after Iconbet integration, we managed to create 500,000 transactions with 5 million ICX in volume. This number continues to rise as we speak, since some of the top users of Iconbet utilizes Tipicon to play the games. For some time, Tipicon created 35% of the transactions for Iconbet and helped them become #1 dApp in terms of transactions and such according to dapp.com. Currently, in the first month, Tipicon handled 1 million transactions and it will soon have another dApp functionality, Iconswap, added to its arsenal.

We want to continue building dApps on Tipicon and we are thinking DAODice, DAOlevels, DAOlottery and FutureICX as our next options. We want to integrate all of them to our tipping bot and create a stable product that everyone enjoys to use.

4. Project Duration: 3 months

5. Project Milestones:

Since we haven’t decided on the order of the dApp integration, I will mention them as first, second,etc.

• First dApp integration(3 weeks)
  • Second dApp integration(3 weeks)
  • Third dApp integration(3 weeks)
  • Fourth dApp integration(3 weeks)

Overall, each dApp integration is planned to take 3 weeks, including testing and such, which makes 3 months in total.

6. Funding Amount Requested: 3500$

7. Official Team Name: Piconbello

8. Team Contact Information:

Team Lead Emre

Piconbello (Telegram)

Piconbello (Twitter)

9. Public Address: hxfa6714e4ec784ae2176c416c46dc2c98b6ec9074

Initial Review Result Comments

Review Result

Approve

Review Comments

Thank you for your efforts in helping grow ICON’s KPIs, please continue to follow up with your usage statistics because this is very interesting and important to the ICON Project.

Next Procedure

ICON Foundation provided the Initial Review Result Comments on the proposal. Grants recipients will respond to the Foundation’s response. Depending on your comments, the foundation will provide the Final Review Result Comments.

Thank you for your initial approval. I will try to give some KPIs from Tipicon starting from the initial release to this day in this post. Yet, I should also mention that Emre, our team lead, had surgery and is currently resting in a hospital. Hence, I can only provide some KPIs that we haven’t announced yet generally, but I will make sure to update them from here when he is out.

Initially, we released Tipicon as a tipping/airdrop bot from Telegram, dApp integration came later. After the first week of release, these were some KPIs of Tipicon:

383 distinct accounts
675 transactions
6,683 ICX volume
0.68 ICX spent on transaction fees

After our release of Iconbet Integration with Tipicon, KPIs started to escalate. Following KPIs are from first week of Iconbet integration:

122,624 transactions
1,528,647 ICX volume
38% of Iconbet transactions and 30% of the volume came from Tipicon

Later on, as our first milestone, we looked at the following KPIs,

500,000 transactions
6,000,000 ICX volume
18,000 ICX burned in transactions

Currently, we have also passed our second milestone, 1,000,000 transactions. Emre has notified me of this, yet since he is in hospital, I will provide other KPIs for this milestone later on, when Emre is back home.

We hope to increase transactions and usability of the dApps by providing easy to use and efficient services from Tipicon. We are glad to produce these numbers and its progress up to now. It is a great pleasure for us to have the grant from Foundation for our work and we will make sure to make it count.

Final Review Result Comments

Review Result

Approved

Reporting Period

Grant recipients should produce Periodic Reports in order to continue to receive grant funding. If the Periodic Report is showing that the initiative is not meeting expectations, the ICON Foundation has the option to halt continued funding. Please check the link (ICON Community Grant Program (“ICON CGP”)) and leave reports on this page (https://forum.icon.community/c/g/pr)

The team must submit the Periodic Report by the timeframes below (UTC):

• 2020/07/22 02:00 AM (UTC)
  • 2020/08/20 02:00 AM (UTC)
  • 2020/09/20 02:00 AM (UTC)

Funding Amount

The ICON Foundation is going to give out $3,500 in 3 monthly installments based on the Periodic Report. The amount of ICX will be determined and paid according to the price at 02:00 AM (UTC) on the day of payment.

• 2020/07/24 02:00 AM (UTC) - $1,166
  • 2020/08/24 02:00 AM (UTC) - $1,167
  • 2020/09/24 02:00 AM (UTC) - $1,167