Discussed at ICON P-Rep Weekly Meeting #1
Teams agreed that the node registration fee should not be fixed at 2,000 ICX indefinitely.
Some ideas that were presented in the meeting…
- Peg registration fee to a fixed USD value.
- Peg registration fee to a value derived from I-Rep.
- Create another governance variable for the registration fee.
- ICONation suggested a solution that incorporates the recently discussed P-Rep bond.
- Setting an upper USD ceiling for registration fee.
- We should prioritize this in the near team, as it is a fairly easy thing to agree on. From ICX’s recent price move, it is ~4x more expensive to register a team than a few months ago. People come from all different backgrounds, and the fee to register a node should not be a limiting factor.