Discussion: Marketing, Exposure, Clear Communications

Hey Andrew - welcome! Great to have you and I’m excited to see what you’re working on. It would be great to chat in more detail. There could be potential collaboration opportunities with ICONrepublic.org. Shoot me a DM on telegram (@Benny_Options) so we can discuss next steps and I can learn more about your initiative

6 Likes

Welcome! Our community could definitely use your talent and contributions. Let’s find a way to get you involved. Thanks.

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will send you a message shortly. Apologies for the delay, we are London based (GMT), UTC +0

1 Like

Thanks for the response Ricky, it is greatly appreciated.

I understand the flat approach and team members having many hats, it often works but given the widespread concern amongst the community regarding marketing it begs the question whether having a trough and through marketeer solely focussed on marketing might help. Having someone as social/digital lead would be great.

As I don’t know the backgrounds of everyone who has to wear the marketing hat please do correct me if there is someone you would class as a through and through marketeer who works on marketing, but based on the “many hats” approach I am assuming not.

Marketing is one of those things that takes a certain type of person, much like it takes a certain type of person to be a developer or a CEO. A developer could double up and drive the marketing sure, but they’re a developer at heart and will never be as good at marketing as a marketeer would be, same vice versa. With this in mind, taking on a dedicated Marketing Manager could yield better results?

Again, please correct me if there is someone who’s background is solely marketing, I think you guys are doing an amazing job across the board and thank you for everything you’re doing, it is appreciated by the community but without a true marketeer we need to accept the limitations placed on marketing.

Is taking on such a role within the foundation something that can be pushed through CPS or is this intended for P-Reps only? Is there anything the community can do to help with this besides from having a marketing P-Rep?

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Everyone so fast to make $100 predictions for the next bull run…maybe, nobody knows to be honest, I was hoping for $5-10 but we’ll see. Pick them up now that they’re still cheap.

2 Likes