Bringing Back Monthly AMA initiative

Hello everyone–

I’m proposing that every month we put together a Reddit AMA and a live youtube/video answering session with varying participants (core team members, development teams, and other major ecosystem participants). Each session will also have a moderator from the community to help with the process.

• Community generated questions will be listed in each of the respective monthly threads and will be answered by the varying participants.
  • A moderator will select the most upvoted questions for response. (Note: votes are hidden for voters and the participant answering the questions)
  • We’ll limit the answering sessions to 45mins-1hr each month.

The top 8 questions will receive prizes.

• The participant will select their favorite question from the community and that individual will win $150 worth of ICX
  • The other top 7 questions (voted by the community) will receive $50 each, for a total of $500 worth of ICX each month.

Thoughts?

19 Likes

Thats a great idea! I personally loved the AMAs, I believe that they provide great connection to the community and they are a very effective tool to lower unnecessary FUD

3 Likes

This is a fantastic idea! Can we get one ready for the end of jan? What planets do we have to move to make this happen, consider it done.

1 Like

Great idea! I love the idea of a live streamed ama in video format for better reach.

2 Likes

We love this idea!

Don’t worry Fez, we’ve got the planet-moving thing covered - we’d be happy to offer 3 Rare Project Nebula planets as rewards for the first 3 months of this initiative, if you guys are interested :wink:

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!! :+1:

2 Likes

This is a great initiative but I wouldn’t offer any reward for participating in all the events. Trust me, the events themselves are worth more than any rewards offered and people should actively participate.

3 Likes

Haha this i didn’t expect! (i am glad you got my plant reference tho haha) @ricky_dodds This is a great way to kick things off. Thank you @ICON_Forge

This is ture. just hearing from the team would be fantastic.

Great idea!! Look forward to it :+1:

2 Likes

좋아요! 좋은 계획 같습니다! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Really good initiative Ricky, that’s what ICON needed :clap:

1 Like

How do we map out a timeline from here? Community feedback has been a huge yes please.

2 Likes

Hey @Fezbox the first AMA will likely be in the 1st week of February. Stay tuned for timing/instructions. Then going forward we’ll do them in the back half of each month to accommodate scheduling participants and to provide some flexibility for the parties involved.

3 Likes

Thank you for responding. we are looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Hi @ricky_dodds just some feedback, in future it would be great to announce the dates and times in this fourm, Given it was bought up in the fourm.
I found it hard to find when the ama was actually going to be live, let alone this has happened already.

Thanks. It hasn’t happened yet. Dates will be announced once finalized

1 Like

Omg isnt this it @ricky_dodds ?

I was just going to comment and say after watching it, there is some great content here, I am going to tweet the crap out of it.

Apologies I thought this was the Ama hence my comment.

1 Like

Ah yea sorry for the confusion. That’s separate, and was a previously scheduled session. We’ll do an ICON community ama very very soon.

Glad you enjoyed it btw

3 Likes